1 Timothy Big Picture
Paul charges Timothy to set the Ephesian church in order.
1 Timothy By Chapters
- ch. 1 & 4 – Paul tells Timothy to put in order the church in Ephesus (focus on life and doctrine)
- ch. 2 – Church needs to first be a praying people; men especially need to focus on prayer and teaching, and wives/mothers especially focus on raising up their families
- ch. 3 – Elders and deacons should be appointed to continue providing leadership (especially when Paul and Timothy leave)
- ch. 5 – How/when/why the church helps those who are truly needy
- ch. 6 – how groups within the church should be faithful within different social/economic classes